We’re looking for an exceptional candidate to join our team in Brighton. We’re driven by an ambition to unlock fascination in the wider world through AR and VR, creating the number one destination for life-changing learning experiences.
Within this role you will play a fundamental part in making this mission a reality, working on the core apps that will ultimately power the Curiscope ecosystem. You'll be a great problem-solver, enthusiastic and committed to making great digital experiences.
Ideally, you'll be familiar with the intricacies of Unity (although we will consider non-Unity devs) and a stickler for quality design, polished UI and refined UX. You’ll be comfortable with simple cloud database backends (AWS, Google Cloud Platform) and able to work effectively with third party plugins.
Specifically you will be working on an as-yet unannounced app that we’ll be releasing later this year. You'll need to be capable of measuring your time effectively and managing projects, including liaising with other members of the Curiscope team. You’ll be getting your hands dirty with all parts of the project, so generalist skills are a must.
- Strong C# skills.
- Min. 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Unity experience (not mandatory).
- Mobile development experience.
- Intermediate level experience with cloud backends e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Platform.
- Good working knowledge of git.
- Cloud database experience.
- Understanding of standard dev practices: source control, asset pipelines, QA and localisation.
- Knowledge of post-launch product development.
- Experience in an Agile environment.
- Experience with art packages and pipeline development.
- Curious about the world around you.
- Great attention to detail.
- Can-do attitude.
- A drive to constantly learn and to grow.
- A solid understanding of the principles of user experience.
- The ability to learn new skills and to keep up to date with the rapid progress of front-end development techniques and design.
- The ability to manage priorities and work independently.
- Kind and compassionate.
- You’ve developed and shipped your own apps and/or games.
- You’ve worked with AR or VR before.
- Experience with the Vuforia Image Recognition SDK.
- Experience with Machine Learning. - Experience with educational technology.
- Growth opportunity.
- Contributory pension.
- Supportive and caring environment.
- Access to the latest AR tech and VR kits -- we actively encourage our team to play with new experiences.
- Free lunch fridays!
- Access to the best dog around: Timmy.